World News

So Sad!! 2-Year-Old Boy Dies In House Fire While Mother Was Out Partying At A Night Club

One male juvenile aged two years has been burnt to death while another one aged four years has sustained severe burns all over his body after the house they were sleeping in caught fire. The victims have been identified as Angel Phiri and Cleotus Matomola aged four years.

Zambian Police Spokesperson Esther Katongo, revealed that preliminary investigations indicate that the mother of the children Nelia Phiri together with other two women who she lives with identified as Violet Phiri, 20 and Monica Phiri aged 15, left the children sleeping alone in the house and went out clubbing leaving a candle on.

Katongo says the accident happened in the early hours of yesterday, 13th November, 2016 between 03:30 hours and 04:00 hours in Kabanana Compound.

“The house caught fire whilst the mother of the children was away,” Katongo says.

She says the fire was noticed by neighbours who were awakened by the sound of exploding asbestos.

“They managed to put out the fire but unfortunately found that one child was already burnt to death while the other had severe burns,” Katongo says.

“The mother Nelia Phiri aged 25, Violet Phiri aged 20, and Monica Phiri aged 15 years all of Lusaka’s Kabanana compound have been detained and are yet to be Charged.”

Meanwhile the body of the deceased juvenile has been deposited in the University Teaching Hospital (UTH) mortuary while the survivor is admitted in the same hospital.capture

You Might Also Like

  • Cornel Nwankwo

    That is the height of carelessness, I believe she is not fit to be called a mother.

  • chika bibian

    Chai what a hopeless human being of a mother

  • Kenny D Osonwa

    This woman deserves better punishment.. .how would she leave candles on while away.. Men we dey marry ooo

  • Mezzy Gilbert

    She choose club over her kids,irresponsible mama

  • Smh… negligence

    • Cornel Nwankwo

      Of the highest order

  • emekachilaka

    too bad that one na wife too may GOD save us from bad woman

  • Olovo Obinna

    What a careless thing to do….candle on while u are away….the lady must be sick..how much is rechargeable lamps

  • WillieBravo

    Yeye mama

    • Cornel Nwankwo

      Menh, she is not a mother abeg

  • kayode akinsanya

    That’s rubbish, what a wicked woman

  • Pingback: So Sad!! 2-Year-Old Boy Dies In House Fire While Mother Was Out Partying At A Night Club – Lolly Gist and Entertainment()