Tragedy: Twins Burnt To Death In Ogun Petrol Fire – See How It Happened

Gaun community in the Magboro area of Ogun State,were thrown into confusion after two children, Taiye and Kehinde Oluwasegun, were burnt to death in an inferno that gutted their parents’ bungalow on Tuesday.

The incident happened around 8pm while the family was preparing to have dinner.

Punch gathered that the first born of the family, Iyanu, had tripped over a jerrycan of fuel, which also spilled some of its content in the parlour.

While the mother mopped the spillage, the fuel was said to have flowed to a lantern in the house, which triggered an explosion.

Residents, who were alerted by calls for help, reportedly rescued Iyanu; the second child, Korede; and their parents.

However, the twin children, aged three, were burnt to death.

Korede, six, who sustained burns in the leg said that his father, Aina, was about taking their generator outside when his sister fell.

He said,

“My daddy has two generators. We use the big one to pump water, while the small one is for the house.

“My daddy had put the small one in the room to pour petrol into it before taking it to the cage that was outside. My mummy was preparing food in the kitchen that time.

“My sister, who didn’t know there was a jerrycan on the floor, tripped over it. My mum then took the mop to clean spilled petrol. She was doing that when the fire started. There were six of us in the house: my dad and mum, my sister, the twins and me.”

A motorcyclist in the area, who did not identify himself, said the survivors were helped by residents to cross the bridge.

He said, “It was a difficult task getting the survivors to the hospital. We had to carry them on our backs with their burns.

You Might Also Like

  • chika bibian

    It’s a pity… May the souls of the kids RIP

  • Cornel Nwankwo

    Rest in peace to the dead

  • Cornel Nwankwo

    Terrible happenings this ember month..
    God save his own people

  • kayode akinsanya

    Too bad, those area don’t use to have light like any other places. Nobody to blame the man might have been doing for long it’s just coincidence

  • Why put fuel in Gen inside your house…. it’s the man’s fault…things like Gen and fuel must be keot outside… RIP

    • Cornel Nwankwo

      That will be a great lesson to those around there who heard of this and all of us here on CCNA

  • Olovo Obinna

    Quite an unfortunate tragedy….too bad nay God help them go through this bitter incident

  • Mezzy Gilbert

    If power was steady,wud ds fuel hazard b heard of,may d soul of d kids rip

    • Cornel Nwankwo

      So you are blaming this one on Nigeria’s poor power supply ?

  • Mezzy Gilbert

    We re just so careless,y wud they bring in fuel inside d house,they still need to enlighten nigerians on safety

    • Olovo Obinna

      Accident no d ring bell oh

      • Mezzy Gilbert

        I knw,but some can b prevented if fuel was not inside dt house,ds won’t happen

  • Mezzy Gilbert

    Too pathetic

  • WillieBravo

    That’s a huge tragedy men. That’s just the thing with children and their mischief. My heart and prayer goes out to the family.

  • emekachilaka

    Devil at work 😞 very sad